8/2/2016 – Due to the historic flooding on June 23rd, some of the Greenbrier River Trail remains closed. There is a large washout near the trailhead at Caldwell so temporary parking is available at mile 3.5 near Camp Alleghany. The trail was repaired and is currently open from mile 3.5 to mile 6.8. The trail remains closed between mile 6.8 and milepost 13, this section is hazardous and impassable. Currently, everything north of milepost 13 to the town of Cass is open and in good condition.
GREENBRIER RIVER TRAIL
- Advocates push for rail trails to connect West Virginia’s tourism economy
- Elk River Rail Trail Project to Receive 1.5 million in AML Funds
- Greenbrier County Commission Awards Lynch Construction Rail Trail Project
- Gov. Justice announces over $8.3 million in Transportation Alternatives and Recreational Trails grants
- Harrison County Commission approves funding $1.4 million rail trail bridge and improvement project