8/2/2016 – Due to the historic flooding on June 23rd, some of the Greenbrier River Trail remains closed. There is a large washout near the trailhead at Caldwell so temporary parking is available at mile 3.5 near Camp Alleghany. The trail was repaired and is currently open from mile 3.5 to mile 6.8. The trail remains closed between mile 6.8 and milepost 13, this section is hazardous and impassable. Currently, everything north of milepost 13 to the town of Cass is open and in good condition.
GREENBRIER RIVER TRAIL
- Governor, House Speaker on hand for rail trail extension
- Elk River Rail-Trail to Open
- Gov. Justice awards $7.4 million in Transportation Alternatives and Recreational Trails Program grants across West Virginia
- Governor Tomblin Announces Transportation Alternatives and Recreational Trails Grants (2016)
- Group hopes to add hundreds of miles of walking, hiking and biking trails in the New River Gorge